8860 GC System
The 8860 Gas Chromatograph (GC) System sets the standard for routine GC analysis with reliability and robustness. Configurable with up to two inlets, three valves, and three detectors, including a single quadrupole mass spectrometer, the 8860 addresses a wide range of routine GC application areas.
Built-in intelligence, intuitive touch screen interface, and cost-effective options such as DA Express and electronic pneumatic regulation (EPR) make the 8860 an attractive option, elevating routine GC analysis to new levels of performance, reliability, and cost effectiveness.
- The browser interface provides remote connectivity enabling you to monitor your GC system, check system logs, and perform diagnostics tests, from inside, as well as outside, the laboratory.
- The full-function touch screen gives a visual report of the system configuration letting you update methods and sequences, perform maintenance routines, and check instrument status.
- Built-in intelligence autonomously monitors the health of the system, alerts the user of potential issues before they affect chromatographic performance, and offers helpful step-by-step guides to resolve issues.
- Unique 6th-generation microchannel-based EPC architecture provides a significant improvement in reliability and longevity against gas contaminants such as particulates, water, and oils, extending the life of the instrument consumables.
- Capillary Flow Technology (CFT) provides unique gas flow connections for multidimension gas chromatography (GC x GC/Deans Switch), comprehensive two-dimension gas chromatography (GC x GC) with flow modulation, and backflush at the beginning, middle, or end of an analytical column that are oven mountable and very low thermal mass.
- Single filament TCD that doesn’t require a separate reference gas, or manual potentiometer adjustment, yet provides a stable baseline with a minimal amount of signal drift commonly seen with valve switching.
- Autoranging FID provides the ability to detect and quantitate from percent levels to parts per billion (ppb) in a single injection.
- Compatible with all GC/MS platforms
- Sulfur or nitrogen chemiluminescence detector provides low ppb detection, equimolar response, and quantitation for sulfur or nitrogen contaminants without quenching from matrix.
- Cost-saving advanced electronic pneumatic controllers such as Helium Conservation Module, Hydrogen Sensors, and Alternate Carrier Gas Solutions, dramatically reduce the amount of helium used offering both flexibility and higher levels of safety in your laboratory.
- Optional Smart ID Keys, included with GC columns, provide information such as column usage with default parameters for configuration that helps automate method setup.
How It Works
Direct Column Heating
Intuvo uses an efficient direct heating system that requires less than half the electrical power of a conventional GC while also significantly reducing the heat energy emitted back into the lab. This not only reduces electrical power consumption and costs, but also considerably reduces the demand on lab HVAC systems.
Learn more >
Path and Connections
A completely reimagined flowpath allows this GC to know how its configured, changes the way the column is heated, and eliminates the need for ferrules. Leaks due to improper ferrule connection are a leading cause of unplanned downtime, costing labs time and money. By coupling two planar face seals together with a torque driver, we can ensure exactly the right tightness for a leak-free seal. The click of the torque driver is an audible and tactile indicator of proper connection without the second guessing, overtightening, or leaks associated with ferrules and wrenches.
Learn more about Connections >
Learn more about Flow Path >
Eliminate Column Trimming
The Intuvo Guard Chip saves time by eliminating the need for column trimming. The power of a guard column is harnessed in an innovative metal microfluidic chip. It traps sample residue by providing almost one meter of inert flow path between the inlet liner and the column. With regular replacement, sample contamination never reaches the head of the Intuvo GC column – eliminating the need for column trimming.