TwisTorr 404 FS
The Agilent 400 L/s medium turbo pump, TwisTorr 404 FS, combines TwisTorr drag stage technology and Agilent Floating Suspension (FS) to provide high performance, reliability, and economy. This 400 liter turbomolecular pump delivers high vacuum performance thanks to the synergy between turbo technology and innovative TwisTorr drag stages. Floating Suspension assures low vibration and acoustical noise for compatibility with sensitive instrumentation and work environments.
The TwisTorr 404 FS is perfectly suited for a wide range of applications, including research and development, UHV systems, nuclear research, ion implanters, surface analysis, electron microscopy, and cryogenics.
The TwisTorr 404 FS is available with onboard or rack controllers.
- Innovative TwisTorr technology – high compression ratio for light gases, such as Helium and Hydrogen, provides high performance and minimal system footprint.
- High foreline tolerance – permits use of smaller backing pump, thereby reducing system cost and size.
- Agilent Floating Suspension – low vibration and acoustical noise, as well as optimal bearing working conditions, extend operating life to optimize cost-of-ownership, minimize system downtime, and assure stable performance over time.
- Unique bearing and dry lubrication – maintenance free, oil-free; allows installation in any orientation.
- “Three dimensional” pump control software provides maximum flexibility, speed, and simplicity – for the best throughput and compression performance according to the operating conditions of the pump.
- Typical Turbo Pump Applications
How it works
|Pumping speed:||ISO 100K / ISO 100F / CFF 6″|
|Max Gas||Air Cooling||Water Cooling|
|Throughput (*)||(25°C ambient temperature)||(15 °C water temperature /|
|25 °C ambient temperature)|
|N2||4.3 mbar L/s||6.2 mbar L/s|
|255 SCCM||367 SCCM|
|He||7.9 mbar L/s||10.4 mbar L/s|
|467 SCCM||615 SCCM|
|Ar||1.5 mbar L/s||3.3 mbar L/s|
|89 SCCM||195 SCCM|
|(*) Backing pump 11.6 m3/hr|
|Compression ratio and foreline tolerance*|
|N2||>1 x 1011||10 mbar|
|He||2 x 108||10 mbar|
|H2||3 x 106||>4 mbar|
|Ar||>1 x 1011||8.5 mbar|
|(**) Foreline Tolerance defined as the pressure at which the turbopump still produce a compression of 100 and estimated in water cooling mode|
|Base pressure with recommended forepump||< 1 x 10-10 mbar|
|(< 1 x 10-10 Torr)|
|Inlet flange||ISO 100K, ISO 100F, CFF 6”|
|Foreline flange||NW25 (NW16 as optional accessory)|
|Rotational speed||Auto setting from 40800 RPM to 49500 RPM|
|Start-up time||< 5 minutes|
|Recommended forepump||Agilent DS302 Rotary Vane Pump|
|Agilent IDP-10 Dry Scroll Pump|
|Agilent IDP-15 Dry Scroll Pump|
|Oper. ambient temperature||+5 °C to +35 °C|
|Relative humidity of air||0 to 90% (not condensing)|
|Bakeout temperature||ISO pump: 80°C at inlet flange|
|CFF pump: 120°C at inlet flange|
|Air cooling||Air temperature from +5°C to 35°C|
|Water cooling||Water temperature from +15°C to +25°C|
|Water flow min. 100L/h|
|Noise Pressure Level||43dB(A)|
|(at 1m at full speed)|
|Storage temperature||-40 °C to +70 °C|
|Max altitude||3000 m|
|Weight kg (lbs)||ISO100K||22.6 kg (49.8)|
|ISO100F||23.7 kg (52.3)|
|CFF 6″||23.5 kg (51.8)|
|Conformity to norms|
|EMC (Control Units)||61326-1|
|Machinery Directive||DIR 2006/42/CE|
|Low Voltage Directive||DIR 2014/35/EU|
|EMC Directive (Control Units)||DIR 2014/30/EU|