VHS-400 Diffusion Pump
Available in 4-inch, 6-inch, 250-mm, 10-inch, and 400-mm sizes, the VHS series pumps are the fastest and cleanest diffusion pumps of their size available today. The VHS series patented Bulge Contour doubles gas capture and maintains lower pressure. All VHS series pumps have sight glass/fill and drain assemblies for continuous monitoring and easy maintenance of pump fluid. Finned boilers increase surface area, prolonging pumping fluid life. Full thermal protection and quick-cool coils are also standard. The 4-inch, 6-inch, and 10-inch pumps can be ordered with ASA or ISO flanges, standard or extended cold caps, and a variety of voltages.
- Highest pumping speed available for its height.
- Fluid-level sight glass provides quick indication of pump fluid status at all times.
- Fill and drain assembly for pump oil.
- High throughput, 5100-watt version available.
- Four-stage fractionating jet purifies pumping fluid.
- High tolerable forepressure.
- Full thermal protection.
- Finned boiler increases surface area, prolonging pumping fluid life.
- Quick cool coil is standard.
- Foreline baffle prevents fluid loss into backing system.
How it works
|Pumping Speed, Operating Range Pumping Speed, AVS 4.1 (1963)||4,500 l/s Air, 5,625 l/s He/H2 |
8,000 l/s Air
|Maximum Throughput||6.3 T-l/s (8.4 mbar l/s) in operating range 7.5 T-l/s (10.0 mbar l/s) @ 0.01 torr|
|Operating Range||1.4 x 10-3 to <5 x 10-9 torr (1.9 x 10-3 to <6.5 x 10-9 mbar)|
|Maximum Forepressure||No Load: 0.65 torr (0.85 mbar) |
Full Load: 0.55 torr (0.72 mbar)
|Recommended Backing Pump||≥30 cfm (51 m3/hr)|
|Backstreaming Rate, Standard Cold Cap||<1.0 x 10-3 mg/cm2/min|
|Warmup Time||15 minutes|
|Cooldown Time||25 minutes|
|Fluid Charge||1,000 cc|
|Electrical Requirements||3 ph, 50/60 Hz, 208/380/480 VAC|
|Pump Power||4400 watts|
|Cooling Water Requirements||0.40 gpm (80 l/hr)|
|Water Connections||⅛ in. FPT|