The Agilent 5977B GC/MSD is the latest in the series of trusted single quadrupole GC/MS systems. This instrument is ideal for labs that focus on applications such as environmental, chemical, petrochemical, food, forensic, pharmaceutical, and material testing.
Building on a long track record of innovation, the High Efficiency Source (HES) and Inert Plus Extractor EI source maximize the number of ions that are created and transferred out of the source body and into the quadrupole analyzer. This novel mass selective detector design makes the 5977B the most popular GC/SQ for routine, robust, and reliable use.
- Improve sensitivity (10x greater) with detection limits as low as 1.5 fg IDL, bringing yesterday’s triple-quadrupole limits of detection into today’s single quadrupole laboratory
- Reduce time spent on sample prep and maintenance, while meeting your current sensitivity requirements, with just 1/10 of the original sample volume
- Minimize operating and shipping costs by storing, prepping, and disposing of 10x less material
- Benefit from eco-friendly features, such as Sleep/Wake modes, and conserve electricity and other resources like carrier gas
- Greatly reduce or even eliminate the need for manual source cleaning with the JetClean self-cleaning ion source
- The built-in intelligence of the 8890 GC drives productivity with diagnostics, monitoring, and simplified access to powerful operations through the integrated touchscreen and browser interface
- Inert Flow Path provides improved performance for sensitive analytes at low levels, extending the range of quantitation and detection
- Simplify method development, from instrument settings to data analysis and reporting with MassHunter Software